Sunday, June 6, 2010

Listen to Imam Faaruug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUYIHRRaPmA&feature=player_embedded



Posted: June 05, 2010
11:25 pm Eastern

By Michael Carl
© 2010 WorldNetDaily

Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick is catching political heat for embracing an imam who is alleged to have preached the need to take up arms to defend the rights of Muslims.

After vowing to eliminate racial profiling and guaranteeing Muslims their civil rights, Patrick, a Democrat, hugged Imam Abdullah Faaruuq at the meeting with more than 1,000 Muslims at the Muslim American Society-affiliated mosque at Boston's Roxbury Crossing.

The newest Boston-area mosque was dedicated last year and is affiliated with the MAS, an Islamic advocacy organization that public policy group Americans for Peace and Tolerance says has known ties to the Muslim Brotherhood.

In a controversial video on YouTube, Patrick is embracing the native Bostonian Faaruuq, who preaches at the Mosque for the Praising of Allah:

What's raising eyebrows is that the YouTube video seems to show Faaruuq urging his followers to take up arms to protest the arrest of terrorism suspect Tariq Mehanna and Faaruuq's congregation member Aisha Siddiqi.

Read about what Muslims want for you. Get "Muslim Mafia: Inside the Secret Underworld That's Conspiring to Islamize America," autographed, from WND's Superstore. Special price today only $4.95.

Mehanna was arrested last October for allegedly planning an attack at a shopping mall and Siddiqi was arrested for allegedly plotting to kill FBI agents.

(Story continues below)



When asked about his association with Mehanna, Faaruuq said he didn't know much about the case, but knows the man.

"He went to school here in Boston, I know that he as a degree in pharmacy. I know he was an active Muslim young man. I've known him since he was very young. So what else can I know about him?" Faaruuq observed.

"I don't know much about his personal life. I've never slept over at his house or eaten with him. I've eaten with him here. I've seen how he behaves and he's very respectful," the imam continued.

"That's what I know about him so it's hard for me to believe some of the things they've said about him. I would say that I don't think he would be involved in those types of things," Faaruuq said.